[rt-users] Email Updates

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Wed Mar 14 12:14:13 EDT 2007

JJ;
Before then i guess you have not up the mail gateway .. take a look at
the README in your source files (the package where you installed RT from).
Also the wiki on how to set up RT, Sorry have n't a browser to hand to
locate exact page ..
But you need to be at a point where you can send an email to your rt
which creates a ticket then email you back an auto-responder
Roy
(btw you may also get info from /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate)

JJ Asghar wrote:

> Hey Roy,
>     Thanks for the heads up.  If you havent noticed i'm a complete
> n00b.  below is what is in that "directory" what should i
> change/install/whatever to get what i'm looking for done?
>
> (no value)
> On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
>
> (no value)
> On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction
>
> (no value)
> On Create Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
>
> (no value)
> On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
>
> (no value)
> On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
>
> (no value)
> On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
>
> (no value)
> On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
>
> (no value)
> On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
>
> (no value)
> On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template
> Correspondence
>
> (no value)
> On Resolve Notify Requestors with template Resolved
>

> Best Regards,
> JJ Asghar
> Network Administrator
> Free: (800) 729 3400
> Direct: (512) 623 5619
> Fax: (512) 339 9592
> mailto: jj at imagemicro.com
>

> On Mar 14, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Roy El-Hames wrote:
>
>> Hi JJ;
>> Well you 'll even be more in love with RT, because the whole (well
>> most of) idea of RT is sending emailing notifications when tickets
>> created/updated/ and anything else ..
>> You seem to be missing a big part (unless I misunderstood your
>> request)?!
>> Look into scrips (Configuration -> Global -> Scrips) from the web
>> interface where you can set default or custom made conditions on when
>> emails are sent, and also set actions that can include whom should
>> receive emails etc
>>
>> Regards;
>> Roy
>>
>> JJ Asghar wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>>     First off i'm in love with RT.  It's stream lined and
>>> consolidated my IT staff like crazy.  I couldn't think of anything
>>> better.
>>>
>>>     I do have a question though, is there a way for an email to be
>>> sent out when a new ticket is created, updated, and/or put in my queue?
>>>         I looked around the WIKI and to no avail...
>>>
>>>     Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> -J
>>>

>>> Best Regards,
>>> JJ Asghar