[rt-users] Email Updates

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Wed Mar 14 12:30:50 EDT 2007

Ahh ok;
back to your (Configuration -> Global -> Scrips) , new scrip:
Condition: On Status Change
Action: Notify (Requester or Owner ..you pick the role that should get
the email)
Template : The template of your choice AdminCorrepondence is a good one
Once you've done this I am pretty sure you 'll be able to figure out the
"put in my queue notification"
Good luck;
Roy

JJ Asghar wrote:

> Roy,
>     Opps sorry i forgot to say this.... I have an working mail system,
> i get the auto responses et al, it's just i'd like the ability to get
> an email when a new ticket is opened and or put in my queue.
>     I really stink at describing my problems in emails :P.
>
> -J
>

> Best Regards,
> JJ Asghar
> Network Administrator
> Free: (800) 729 3400
> Direct: (512) 623 5619
> Fax: (512) 339 9592
> mailto: jj at imagemicro.com
>

> On Mar 14, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Roy El-Hames wrote:
>
>> JJ;
>> Before then i guess you have not up the mail gateway .. take a look
>> at the README in your source files (the package where you installed
>> RT from).
>> Also the wiki on how to set up RT, Sorry have n't a browser to hand
>> to locate exact page ..
>> But you need to be at a point where you can send an email to your rt
>> which creates a ticket then email you back an auto-responder
>> Roy
>> (btw you may also get info from /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate)
>>
>> JJ Asghar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Roy,
>>>     Thanks for the heads up.  If you havent noticed i'm a complete
>>> n00b.  below is what is in that "directory" what should i
>>> change/install/whatever to get what i'm looking for done?
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Create Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template
>>> Correspondence
>>>
>>> (no value)
>>> On Resolve Notify Requestors with template Resolved
>>>

>>> Best Regards,
>>> JJ Asghar
>>> Network Administrator
>>> Free: (800) 729 3400