[rt-users] Mail flow issue (maybe DST isssue)

Brian Demuth bdemuth at itsfac.com
Thu Mar 15 14:56:03 EDT 2007

I'm at a loss here.  Hopefully someone will have some insight to this
problem.

I have an RT3.63 setup with RTFM that has been running fine for some
time.  When the DST changes occurred this last Sunday, RT stopped
processing all outgoing email (correspondence, comments, etc).  Incoming
tickets are still accepted and created.  Any email generated through RT
does not get sent or even show up in the tickets.  When creating a
reply, the recipients do not show up in the "This message will be sent
to..." section of the page and of course there are no "RT_System -
Outgoing email recorded" messages showing up in the tickets after the
DST change.

I have verified that outgoing email sent directly through sendmail is
functioning properly.

I have verified the correct time and time-zone information.  The OS is
RedHat EL4 and has the tzdata patch.  I also tried reloading the
time-zone tables into MySQL thinking that might be it.  I verified
through SQL queries that it is up to date.  I have also updated Perl and
the DateTime module.

I turned the RT debug logs on and everything looks ok to me except this:

[Thu Mar 15 18:42:18 2007] [debug]: RT::Date used date::parse to make
1970-01-01 18000 (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Date.pm:211)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Brian

Important Notice: This email message and any attachments may contain information and/or trade secrets that are private, and are meant to be delivered solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, forward or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Interception of e-mail is a crime under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2522 and 2701-2709. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by return email or by telephone at [703-221-0200 Ext 51119] and promptly delete this message. Thank You.