[rt-users] RT on multiple base URLs

Haakon Nilsen haakon at ii.uib.no
Fri Mar 16 09:55:05 EDT 2007

Hi list,

Our RT is exposed on four different URLs:
* http://oursite1/
* https://oursite1/
* http://oursite2/
* https://oursite2/

On RT 3.2.1, this used to be problem free using this setting:
Set($WebBaseURL , "https://oursite2:443");

After I upgraded to 3.6.3, this results in a strange problem. If I go to
any of the URLs above, and post to a ticket, the posting is registered,
but then RT sends a header Location:
https://oursite1:80/Ticket/Display.html?id=... (if I was at any of the
oursite1 URLs, otherwise it's https://oursite2:80/...). There is no SSL
on port 80 of course, so this results in a browser error (Firefox says
"The connection was interrupted").

The dirty "solution" to this is to set $WebBaseURL to one of the http
(non-SSL) URLs. This is bad because if the user initially goes to a
https URL and posts, he will end up on a non-SSL URL, and may not even
notice.

I have grepped through the configuration files, and RT's source code,
but I cannot find anything referencing port 80 specifically.

So I wonder what changed from 3.2 to 3.6.3 that could cause this, and
what is the "right" setup for properly supporting exposure on several
base URLs.

RT is running with FastCGI on apache 2.0.46.

Thanks,
Haakon Nilsen.