[rt-users] password migration

Mark Graham MGraham at smartcity.com
Fri Mar 16 10:37:32 EDT 2007

Hello there,

Earlier this week we migrated to the newest release of RT.  We are
experiencing a problem, specifically, with password migration from the
old database to the new database.  It seems that RT used  todo something
funny with character storage - like a character conversion to the string
before storing the md5 hash. The new one no longer does that. I've gone
through the FAQ and searched the mailing list archives, but I cannot
come up with something that would let me migrate this better. Everything
did copy over bit for bit, but the old version uses a slightly different
encoding for some characters and the new one is straight md5

Any suggestions??

Mark Graham

Network Administrator