[rt-users] Template problem resolved but poses another question

Fri Mar 16 16:00:45 EDT 2007

> It wasn't the code.  I had removed a blank line after the initial
> Subject line and that's what nixed the whole thing.

> Subject: Created Ticket: {$Ticket->Subject}

> When I put the blank line back in, all the code worked.

> Subject: Created Ticket: {$Ticket->Subject}

I haven't been following this thread in all that much detail, but this
strikes me as probably being just a question of the template needing to
result in a valid message.  Both RFC822 and RFC2822 (the old and new
versions of the message format spec) specify that an empty line marks
the boundary between the headers and the body.

That said, those RFCs are not the most helpful place from the
perspective of an RT user like you.  It would be better for the RT docs
to _at least_ point to 2822, preferably to a brief summary of it with a
note that 2822 is the real authority and needs to be read for full
details.  (I assume they don't already have such a pointer, or you
would have found it yourself; I haven't looked.  This is an aspect of
RT I don't really know - I just know message format quite well from an
email perspective.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca