[rt-users] Bulk Adding Users

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 19 03:48:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

i'm using this tiny scrip:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

BEGIN { die "You must define \$RT_HOME\n"
          unless exists $ENV{RT_HOME} };
use lib "$ENV{RT_HOME}/lib";

use RT;
RT::LoadConfig();
RT::Init();

use RT::Interface::CLI qw(GetCurrentUser loc);
use RT::Tickets;

my $CurrentUser = GetCurrentUser();
die loc("No RT user found.\n") unless ($CurrentUser->Id);
die "We need exactly 2 Arguments, Name & Email\n" unless ($#ARGV==1);
my $UserName=shift @ARGV;
my $Email=shift @ARGV;
my $User = RT::User->new($CurrentUser);
my
($id,$Message)=$User->Create(Name=>$UserName,EmailAddress=>$Email,Privileged=>1,Password=>'changeme');
if ($id){
        print $Message."\n";
        }
        else{
                print"This is a error!\n$Message\n";
                }

Its from jesse from an older training. its working fine for me.

Torsten

2007/3/17, Rick Phillips <rickp at suntech.net.au>:

> I have looked hard at the wiki and done extensive searching on the
> general web but can't seem to find any reference as to how to bulk
> upload users.  In can dump the users directly into the database (I am
> assuming) but the passwords will need to be encrypted.  I have a utility
> which will bulk encrypt passwords using md5sum.  Is this the encryption
> method for RT?  Will I need to update any other table other than
> RT-users?  In our situation, it's a "closed shop" and the potential
> users are all known.
>
> I have been trying to make the MS active directory authentication work
> but have had to give up on that.
>
> I am using (via RPM install on Mandriva) version 3.4.5.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rick

MFG

Torsten Brumm