[rt-users] AD Authentication/Single Signon Issues

Rob Shupe rshupe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:51:03 EDT 2007

I know this concept has been beaten to death, as I've dug through many many
posts today related to the issue in the archives. Unfortunately, I can't
find an answer to my specific question so here goes. I was able to get
Active Directory authentication to work through LDAP using the guide at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LDAP. I also have accounts being
auto-created for new users. The only thing that still doesn't seem to happen
is a single signon. I can type in a username and password and it will
authenticate against active directory just fine, I just can't get it to go
automatically if someone has already logged into their workstation. No
matter what, I always have to login at the login page.

>From the guide I can't exactly tell if it's supposed to even do a single
signon, but I'd like to know if the possibility exists and how to go about
doing it. I know there is also this guide
http://blank.org/memory/output/rt-ad-sso.html but it seems to be older  (for
Apache 1, older version of RT, etc.) and I've already implemented the other
solution, so I'm trying to make the other solution work but still have
single signon.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.