[rt-users] Including comment and a reply in the same RT transaction using tags?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 21:43:34 EDT 2007

Can I reply to an RT ticket AND make a comment at the same time, using
XML tags or something?

Example: I reply to a ticket and type this:

{reply}

We have now corrected the problem with your email account. Please tell
us if you're still experiencing problems.

{/reply}

{comment}

This is the 3rd time this bozo has deleted his email. I pulled it from
the backups, but if he does it again, let's can his account.

{/comment}

and then RT creates two transactions (and sends two sets of emails),
one for the reply and one for the comment. This seems easier than
having to do the reply + comment separately.

I used curly braces just in case some people have email readers that
interpret HTML/XML-- in reality the tags would use angle brackets or
whatever.