[rt-users] Including comment and a reply in the same RT transaction using tags?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 26 09:34:14 EDT 2007

At Sunday 3/25/2007 09:43 PM, Kelly Jones wrote:
>Can I reply to an RT ticket AND make a comment at the same time, using
>XML tags or something?
>
>Example: I reply to a ticket and type this:
>
>{reply}
>
>We have now corrected the problem with your email account. Please tell
>us if you're still experiencing problems.
>
>{/reply}
>
>{comment}
>
>This is the 3rd time this bozo has deleted his email. I pulled it from
>the backups, but if he does it again, let's can his account.
>
>{/comment}
>
>and then RT creates two transactions (and sends two sets of emails),
>one for the reply and one for the comment. This seems easier than
>having to do the reply + comment separately.
>
>I used curly braces just in case some people have email readers that
>interpret HTML/XML-- in reality the tags would use angle brackets or
>whatever.

One small typo and you've got a very angry customer - or at least a
customer who sees comments she doesn't need to see. I'd say it's much
safer to use two separate transactions for this.

Steve