[rt-users] Give someone rights to a ticket, without notifications

Jason Long jlong at messiah.edu
Tue Mar 27 08:42:30 EDT 2007

A few months ago someone asked about adding a custom watcher type
(called "Solver") and it was suggested use a custom field instead.

I think I have a similar need, but I want to be able to assign the
watcher rights as well, which I can't do with a custom field.

Specifically...

I want to define a new role, called e.g. "Supervisor", that should have
full access to the ticket, but should not receive notifications, unless
they're also a Requestor, Cc, or AdminCc, which do receive notifications.

In other words, I want to assign someone rights to a ticket without
putting them on the notification list.

Any ideas how to handle this?

Jason