[rt-users] Question on saved searches and group rights

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 28 11:15:04 EDT 2007

Hello,

We had a request from a user who wanted to make her group's saved
searches available to people outside of her group. I wondered if I
could do this simply through permissions, so I looked in the Group
Rights section of my user's group. Sure enough there's a
"ShowSavedSearches" right in there. This looked just what I wanted,
but assigning the right to someone outside the group doesn't make
group's saved searches visible to the user.

I checked the Query Builder code and it appears that you only see
saved searches for groups of which you are a member - which is why
the permissions didn't work for me.

So my question is what is the purpose of the "ShowSavedSearches"
right on the group? Where is it used?

This is RT 3.4.2.

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)