[rt-users] RT 3.6 on Ubuntu 6.1

Ryan Erwin ryan at red.com
Thu Mar 29 04:21:57 EDT 2007

I'm running RT 3.6 on Ubuntu 6 and it works great.
I just did an:
	 apt-get install request-tracker3.4 rt3.4-apache2

After that, just download the RT 3.6 source and run make testdeps.
You'll get another dozen or so packages that are required. You can
find most of them by running, for example:
	apt-cache search libwww | grep perl

Then just apt-get install once you've found the right package name.

You'll still need to use perl -MCPAN -eshell to install another 3 or
4 packages, but it should go very smoothly.

Overall, the ubuntu 6.10 process of RT was far more pleasant than
installing on Fedora...:-)