[rt-users] Email recipients confusing!

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Tue May 1 14:09:19 EDT 2007

Hi; I'm trying to set up RT at my company, for handling incoming support
requests from outside via email.  I'm using latest 3.6.3 on Linux.

I want to make sure that RT only sends the emails I want, to the people I
want.  I'm looking at the scrips, and I have some questions, probably simple.
First, I'm not sure how each group is defined:

 Requestors: the original sender of the email (from the From: header?)
   or the web creator of the ticket; anyone else?
 Owner: I understand this one :-)
 CCs: how do you get on/off this list?
 AdminCCs: how do you get on/off this list?
 Other Recipients: what is this?

Does commenting on a ticket or corresponding on it make you a Cc, perhaps?

Do CCs of the original mail get on the CC list automatically?

In the scrip Actions, what does "Notify ... as Comment" mean?

Are the built-in Scrips (Conditions and Actions) documented anywhere?

Is there any way to disable a Scrip without deleting it?  I like to see what
options I have, and what I've customized.

I'm pretty sure that the only emails I want RT to send to the requestor are
ones that someone (owner normally) entered into RT; i.e. no autoreply on
create, nor on resolve.  I want it to seem like they emailed us, and someone
replied to them -- not like it's an automated system.
That is this script, I think:
  On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
as long as the Ccs are normally unset.

And I want the new owner to get an email if a ticket gets assigned to them:
  On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction

... and lastly, if someone here comments on a ticket, the other people here
watching that ticket should get an email:
  On Comment Notify ????? as Comment with template Comment

--
Gary Oberbrunner                garyo at genarts.com
GenArts, Inc.                   Tel: 617-492-2888
955 Mass. Ave                   Fax: 617-492-2852
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA         www.genarts.com