[rt-users] RT 4

Jacob Helwig Jacob at buschs.com
Tue May 1 16:14:01 EDT 2007

Even though it's not necessarily things that should be added into RT
itself, these are things that we've wanted to see in regards to RT.

A way to keep track of daily/weekly recurring tasks integrated into RT
would be nice.  Assign task X to group Y.  Anyone in group Y can
update/complete the task.  Every $recurrence days
(Daily/Weekly/Mon,Wed,Fri/etc) a new instance of the task shows up,
automatically.  Basically part of Hiveminder within RT.  So far, this is
the only thing preventing us from completely getting rid of our old help
desk application, since we haven't really been able to find a
replacement that just "feels right".

The ability to send out "random" (for definable values of "random")
feedback surveys that include ticket history/number, and definable
questions for the requestors of a ticket to fill out.  Having the filled
out surveys linked directly within the ticket details, and from
searches, but only to "managers", and other key people.  Stats about
number of surveys sent out vs number completed, and time to completion
Would Be Nice(TM).  We have started working on this using custom fields,
custom field permissions, and external an CGI/database, but having it
more tightly integrated into RT would be nice.

Integrating some of the excellent add-ons that others have created would
be another nice thing.  RTx-Calendar, RTx-EmailCompletion, and
jscalendar for example.

The only other things that we really wanted to see added, we've been
able to add on our own, so far: Soft closing tickets (ticket actually
closes after X days in "pending" status), tracking items sent out in
regards to tickets, weekly reports of items sent out.

--
Jacob Helwig
PC Technician