[rt-users] Re: RT 4

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Tue May 1 22:32:23 EDT 2007

One thing I saw mentioned was Mandatory field support - we implemented a
pretty robust Mandatory field system in RT here with a separate checkbox
so that validation and Mandatory are separate. Also pushed all the code
into the core API so it works via REST, email and GUI. This has been
submitted as patches against 3.6.3.

Another thing is the ability to display (and sort by) the RealName of
users everywhere instead of the Name field. This is crucial in (silly)
places where the policy is to have completely numeric usernames (like
AD/LDAP authentication where corporate policy is employee IDs as
usernames ...). RT is really crippled if you can't tell easily by
looking, who did what. I have patches to put in two flags to decide
which to display, against 3.6.3. Jesse mentioned that this might already
be in 3.7 but I installed 3.7.1 and there doesn't seem to be anything in
there like this.

PK