[rt-users] Re: InnoDB Ticket IDs incrementing by 10?

Graham Dunn gdunn01 at harris.com
Wed May 2 14:22:57 EDT 2007

mike wrote:
> hate to be repetitive, but i also don't like bouncing production
> databases (our mysql handles a lot more than our RT system)....do I need
> to reload/restart mysql for the auto_increment_increment change to take
> hold?  our tickets are still incrementing n+10 rather than n+1, and the
> slave's config is set for auto_increment_offset=2 rather than 1 like the
> master is.

The values will revert to their defaults if you've restarted mysql. Do
you have those values set in the my.cnf?

"If one of these variables is set globally, its effects persist until
the global value is changed or overridden by setting them locally, or
until mysqld  is restarted.

If set locally, the new value affects AUTO_INCREMENT columns for all
tables into which new rows are inserted by the current user for the
duration of the session, unless the values are changed during that session."

Are you setting them to different values on different hosts on purpose?

If so, it sounds like you're seeing the "set locally" behaviour.