[rt-users] Two transactions for each comment / correspondence

Dan Wright wright at smx.pair.com
Wed May 2 17:33:33 EDT 2007

Hi all,

  I'm using a rather old RT, I guess (6.2.1).  Hopefully that won't matter.

  I'm trying to write a custom Scrip Action that logs some data to an external
application every time a user comments or corresponds on a ticket.

  One thing that I've discovered is that when you click on "Comment" through the
web interface, it creates a comment transaction and invokes all of the "on
comment" scrips.  But then when you click on submit button with your comment it
creates a second comment transaction and invokes the scrips again.  I'm having
trouble finding a way to progmatically tell these two events apart.

  For correspondences, it is slightly easier because you can just look for
$self->TransactionObj->Attachments, but comments don't seem to have these.

  Any advice on telling the difference between the start making a comment
transaction and the complete and submit the comment transaction?

Thanks,
-Dan

Daniel J. Wright                           wright at pair.com
Lead Software Developer, pairNIC   https://www.pairnic.com