[rt-users] Entering tickets for frequent users via helpdesk- how do you do it?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sun May 6 12:54:36 EDT 2007

When using RT in a helpdesk environment and taking calls from
customers over the phone, there are times when the same customer calls
back each day/week/month
with a new problem.

I'm interested in how others are currently dealing with this?

Is it possible to take a call from Joe Bloggs, enter his name and have all his
details pulled from the database, and filled in ready for a new ticket?
I'm thinking things like his address, phone number, operating system,
hardware etc ;
stuff that may already be populated in custom fields on past tickets?

Or do you just do a search on a previous custom field, find a recent
ticket and re-open it?
After a while this ticket becomes large I guess.

Thanks
Mike