[rt-users] Seeking custom RT script development

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri May 11 09:40:28 EDT 2007

At Thursday 5/10/2007 03:32 PM, Tim Wilson wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>My organization has a need for some custom perl scripts that would
>create RT tickets with some custom fields populated from a web form.
>It seems like the RT CLI might be the way to go.
>
>My perl skills are rudimentary at best, so I'm wondering how I could
>go about hiring someone else to develop the script for me. Is that
>kind of thing OK to post on the list? Maybe we could use [RFP] or
>[JOB] in the subject line to differentiate them. Do we need an RT
>marketplace somewhere to this purpose?
>
>Jesse, other RT gurus, I'm open to suggestions.
>
>-Tim

Hello Tim,

Dirk Pape's ExtractCustomFieldValues contribution does exactly what
you describe, without the need for any external scripts. See
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Contributions under ScripActions.

Let us know if you need any help configuring this.

Steve