[rt-users] RT 4

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Fri May 11 11:57:17 EDT 2007

>In case you are still collecting .. some of my suggestions may already
>been stated so apology for duplicates;
>1- group unprivileged users (so each member of that group can view the
>group tickets)

This one puzzles me.  I think others have mentioned it, so
I want to comment.

In RT, "privileged" means "you are allowed to have privileges",
not that you have any specific ones.

If I have a consultant with various privileges, and I need
to turn off those privileges, I can revoke the "privilege" flag
easily, and the person can still create new tickets as
an unprivileged client.

If you allow unprivleged users to be put into groups,
and give those groups some sort of privilege, then what does
"unprivileged" mean?

What you need to do is make a group "consultants",
and put your consultants in that.  Then you can have
other groups for clients if you want.  They clients
would have to be privileged, but they would not have
consultant privileges.

  bobg