[rt-users] Expensive Queries

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue May 15 14:30:30 EDT 2007

Justin,

I never saw any problem plans posted, but some of the most needed
indexes reduced the need for a sequential scan of a table by replacing
it with an index lookup. Here are some candidates to check for in your
DB instance:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX Queues1 ON Queues (lower(Name)) ;

CREATE INDEX GroupMembers1 ON GroupMembers (GroupID);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX Users1 ON Users (lower(Name)) ;

CREATE INDEX Users2 ON Users (lower(EmailAddress));

CREATE INDEX Tickets4 ON Tickets (Status);

Again look for slow queries caused by sequential scans of a
table. I think that Oracle has something equivalent to the
functional indexes above to allow you to index the lowercased
values. Good luck in your performance problem seek-n-destroy.

Ken