[rt-users] http vs https problem

mike mike at bseder.org
Tue May 15 20:01:14 EDT 2007

I also had that issue when migrating to 3.6.3, using mod_rewrite to redirect
http to https, and resolved it in the exact same manner.  we didn't have
this issue running the 3.2.x release, but i never bothered diffing to see
when that change was added.  i couldn't find any other way to fix it, and
couldn't understand the need to explicitly set the server port env variable
anyways, so i just called it "fixed" and moved on to my next problem :).
The only difference is that in my config, I set $WebBaseURL to the non-https
URL, since we've no need for SSL when accessing RT from inside the private
network.

On 5/15/07, Robert Long <rlong at bluegecko.net> wrote:

> We ran into that problem as well and we fixed it via this hackish-ness:
>
> in RT/Interface/Web.pm . At around line 194 you will see something that
> looks like this:
>
>    if ($uri->host  eq $server_uri->host &
>        $uri->port eq $server_uri->port) {
>            $uri->host($ENV{'HTTP_HOST'});
>            # $uri->port($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'});
>    }
>
> Make sure that "$uri->port($ENV{'SERVER_PORT'});" is commented out.
>
> If you look at what the webclient is being told to access, it ends up
> being something like "https://<yoursite>:80"- which fails.  I doubt this
> is the correct way to fix this problem, but after it started working we
> kinda lost interest ...
>
> .r'
>

> Petr Grolmus wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have got a problem with RT runnig simultaneously on http and https
> ports.
> > On the https port we are using WebAuth authentication for internal
> users,
> > whereas on http port remains RT-authentication for external users.
> >
> > With this setting in RT_SiteConfig.pm:
> >
> > Set($WebPath , "/rt");
> > Set($WebBaseURL , "https://rtest2.zcu.cz");
> >
> > works everything fine on https, but when I click on several submit
> button
> > on http port - e.g. Search (main page) or Update Ticket (in Reply) -
> > I always get:
> >
> > "The connection to rtest2.zcu.cz:80 has terminated unexpectedly. Some
> > data may have been transferred."
> >
> > It seems it try to communicate on http port with https protocol. When I
> > switch settings to:
> >
> > Set($WebBaseURL , "http://rtest2.zcu.cz");
> >
> > then works everything fine on http port, whereas on https I get "Bad
> > request" with click on the same submit buttons.
> >
> > I'm using RT 3.6.1 from debian package (stable branch).
> > Could someone help me to avoid this behavior?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Petr Grolmus

> >  Petr Grolmus
> >
> >  Laboratory for Computer Science
> >  University of West Bohemia
> >  Univerzitni 20, 306 14 Pilsen                      Tel.: +420 377 632
> 851
> >  Czech Republic                                    E-mail:
> indy at civ.zcu.cz

> > Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
> > Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com
> >

> > Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media.
> > Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

One way or another, everyone stops bleeding.