[rt-users] RTx::EmailCompletion 0.02

Subredu Manuel diablo at roedu.net
Wed May 16 05:10:17 EDT 2007

Nicolas Chuche wrote:
>> I changed in Ajax/EmailCompletion, from LIKE
>> in STARTSWITH since I find it more useful this way.
>
> Here our mail are firstname.lastname at my.corp.net and i like to be able
> to find people with just the lastname.

 ofc. Anyone has the right to make a extension for him, and eventually
make it available for other people.

>>  Maybe a configuration item should be added to set the behavior to LIKE
>> or STARTSWITH ;)
>
> Hum. Why not.

 I'm thinking that the best way to do this, is to have a configuration
variable with all the values supported by DBIx::SearchBuilder. Example:

 # Currently, the values supported by this parameter are the ones from
 # DBIx::SearchBuilder man page:
 #  *) LIKE
 #  *) STARTSWITH
 #  *) ENDSWITH
 #  *) MATCHES
 # See the DBIx::SearchBuilder man page for details related to this
 # parameters
 Set($EmailCompletionSearch,"LIKE");

PS: If LIKE is used, % -es are redundant, since DBIx::SearchBuilder adds
them when LIKE, STARTSWITH and ENDSWITH are used.