[rt-users] Desperately ned Oracle help

Baytalskiy, Sal Sal.Baytalskiy at AIG.com
Thu May 17 13:47:15 EDT 2007

The Oracle readme said that the DB needs to be prepared.
So i ran the schema.Oracle file via the SQLPlus and it inserted all the
tables and indexes.
So i now have the database setup, just empty. No data.
Then, while running the 'make initialize-database' there's a step in that
script to insert the schema. Since i already did that - i commented it out,
just like the Wiki suggests.
So that step should be skipped and it should just try to insert the required
data into the DB.
And that's where i'm stuck at this point.

After some googling i found that i might have a problem with the
DBD::Oracle. Apparently it tried installing that module as a 64-bit.
But my Perl is 32-bit. This seems to be a common occurence.

Here's what i'm getting when trying to run 'make initialize-database' :

/usr/bin/perl //usr/local/rt3_ora/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba
mwpoc --prompt-for-dba-password
Unquoted string "error" may clash with future reserved word at
/usr/local/rt3_ora/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm line 286.
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to connect
to your Oracle instance on clorad1.aig.com as mwpoc.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
DSN component 'CLORAD1' is not in 'name=value' format at
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int/DBI.pm line 627
DBI connect('CLORAD1;port=1521','mwpoc',...) failed: Can't connect using
this syntax without specifying a HOST and one of SID INSTANCE_NAME SERVER
SERVICE_NAME at //usr/local/rt3_ora/sbin/rt-setup-database line 103
Failed to connect to dbi:Oracle:CLORAD1;port=1521 as mwpoc: Can't connect
using this syntax without specifying a HOST and one of SID INSTANCE_NAME
SERVER SERVICE_NAME at //usr/local/rt3_ora/sbin/rt-setup-database line 103,
<STDIN> line 1.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

The hostname where oracle Db is running is clorad1.aig.com. Instance/Service
name is CLORAD1.

  _____