[rt-users] RT 3.6.4rc1

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu May 17 16:01:47 EDT 2007

I expect we'll roll the final release in about a week. Please give us
a heads up if anything appears out of sorts:

Fixes

* Fix setting up cookies, as result no more the relogin problem, and
allow
   people choose WebSessionClass without side effects.

* fix that lets users create tickets with custom field values in
SelfService

* Now the autohandler *redirects* unprivileged users from Ticket/
Display.html to
   the Self-Service interface, so people see correct URL and browsers
correctly
   build absolute URLs from relative (previously we were showing
wrong "Reply"
   links). Thanks to David Chandek-Stark.

* Fix situation when an user adds the same person into two or more
watcher groups
   of a ticket.

* Correct handling of a special value returned by email plugins. That
was wrong
   idea to run next email plugin when the current plugin says that
everything
   has been done (returned status -2).

* Fix a bug in CustomField->Create where assigned Queue is not properly
   associated with the newly created CF.  This was previously not
exposed
   because rt-setup-database is always supplying queue id to this
method.

* Put the search navigation in the right submenu. Thanks to Dirk Pape
for
   the patch.

* We've done complete review of RT's dependencies. Added --with-
standalone
   option to the configure script, so you don't have to install modules
   required to use standalone server (useful for developers only).
   We also don't ask to install modules required to support development
   mode unless you've used --with-devel-mode option. Some modules
have been
   removed from dependencies as we don't use them anymore or use them
only
   indirectly.

* don't push transactions into batch unless CommitScrips is true,
   this fixes a bug: users click Reply button and we fire a correspond
   scrip that is in the batch stage

* [#8169] Added a missing </div> to the Simple Search page. Thanks to
   Arran Cudbard-Bell for the catch.

* Rename sub '_' that may cause a failure in the CPAN module during
fixing
   dependencies.

* run callback Ticket/Display.html before redirect as people are
using it
   to update the ticket, but redirect hides all arguments we had. Now
   some callbacks contributed to the wiki should work again as expected.

* Using named functions in Mason components may result in bugs due to
   shared namespace, all such functions have been converted into
   anon-subroutines.

* Resolve a clobbered regex-match $1 by stashing the principal ID in a
   temporary variable. Thanks to Richard Harman.

* Fix errors propagation during changing CF values of a record. Thanks
   to Philip Kime.

* Fix errors propagation during creation of a ticket via REST. Thanks
   to Philip Kime.

* fix a bug with saved searches on the rt at glance when summary rows
preference
   and rows per page of a saved search are different values. Summary
rows
   options control number of rows you see in boxes on the rt at
glance page,
   but when you click the subject line of a box you are redirected to
results
   of the saved search and see as many rows as defined in the search.

* fix problems in Quicksearch when queue name has the ampersand char

* use local during filling the T:: namespace for a template processing,
   otherwise we have a global reference to a ticket and destruction is
   delayed which hurts TransactionBatch stage

* Move RT's detection of incoming mail that may be a loop or
autogenerated
   to better catch such cases before certain "Permission denied"
messages are
   generated.

* [#8252] Include subject of bounced messages when mailing the RT owner
   about a mail error. Thanks to <pere at hungry.com>.

* [#8186] Fix a possible race condition in the "SetOwner" routine that
   could be triggered when two users tried to take a ticket at the same
   time. Thanks to Todd Chapman.

* make bin/rt link work and fix the associated tests

* Reworked searches by watchers (Requestors, Owners, Ccs and AdminCcs)
   and added a lot of tests. However, 'Watcher.Field != X' still may
fail
   under some conditions and this wouldn't be fixed in near future.

* Fix for "unlimited rows" searches from James Bunch and Todd Chapman.

Performance

* Get rid of 1 query per queue in Queue Summary component on the 'RT
at glance'
   page, should be visible on setups with a lot of queues.

* Use 'Watcher = X' inestead of 'Requestor = X OR Cc = X OR AdminCc =
X' in
   the SelfService interface. Both queries do quite the same job, but
the
   former is significantly faster. Thanks to Dirk Pape for the catch.

* Use a local array of attachments we have instead of $Transaction-
 >Attachments
   call in Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction.

* XHTML cleanup from Dirk Pape

* Prevent accidental display of transactions from the wrong ticket
when you
   explicitly specify a ticket id and a transaction id in the CLI.
   Thanks to Philip Kime at Shopzilla.

* [#8169] Enable UTF8 passwords. Thanks to Jedik.

* Made MyDay.html actually work. Based in spirit on a patch from
Chris Hobbs.

* The selected option of the "OrderBy"-selectbox cannot be saved in
   Prefs/SearchOptions.html if only one (of possibly 4) sort field is
selected
   and other are set to none. Thanks to Dirk Pape.

* The drop.Oracle script was incomplete, drop statements were
incorrect for
   version 3.6.3. Reported by Christophe Nowicki.

* Fix an inaccurate error message. Thanks to Nicholas Clark.

* Fix for "Page 1 of 0" . Thanks to Nicholas Clark.

Features

* Implement redirect after update in SelfService as it's implemented
in the full
   interface, so people can reload page without side effects. Thanks
to doogles
   and Todd Chapman.

* if we have subject line regexp then we should use it during mail
sending.
   Allow RT admins to use any token they want that matches the regexp.
   So now it's possible to use the following in a template:
     Subject: [not-rtname-token-that-match-re #{ $Ticket->id }] ...

* Backport 'RT at glance with one column' feature from 3.7

* RT now complains when you try to start the application server with
   either too-old a perl or a broken version of Scalar::Util.

* [#8256] New API to avoid mail loop when using RT-Extension-
CommandByMail.
   Thanks to pere at hungry.com.

* Allow merging resolved tickets

* Allow transactions to be displayed by range using the CLI.
   Patch from Philip Kime.

* Minor 3.6 style cleanups to tighten up the display a bit.

* Allow users to use __WebXXX__ in a format string of searches

Translations

* New Swedish translation and updated Danish translation contributed
   by Brian Kjelin Olsen and Schilling A/S