[rt-users] Is there a change in the rt-mailgate interface in3.6.3?

Kim G. Nielsen kgn at billetnet.dk
Fri May 18 01:39:51 EDT 2007

[SNIP]
Drew,

Yes.  To be more specific, I unloaded the db, had our db admin reload it

on the new machine, then I ran the RT upgrades to bring the schema from
3.4.5 to 3.6.3.  From what I can see, via the web interface, the data
and
configs look exactly the same on both RTs.

In particular, the 'Everyone' group has these Global rights:

    CreateTicket, ModifySelf, ReplyToTicket

I've been testing rt-mailgate by running it on the same machine where RT

(3.6.3) is running, using the command line interface, e.g.,

  rt-mailgate --debug --queue general --action correspond --url
https://....

I then supply just the string 'xxx' in stdin and get the error message:

    not ok - Could not load a valid user ...

If I run the same command but point to the URL of my 3.4.5 system, I get
message like this:

    okTicket: 631Queue: Owner: NobodyStatus: Subject: Requestor: at
.../rt-mailgate line 109, <> line 1
[/SNIP]

This is the same problem I have .. In the old installation 3.4.5 it
works fine but when I reinstalled it (The only difference is that I
dropped the db) mailgate is no longer working .. With the same errors
that you have.

Best regards
Kim