[rt-users] Trouble with notification scrip

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri May 18 12:22:42 EDT 2007

At Friday 5/18/2007 12:09 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>Gene,
>

>         Sorry for all the hassle. In the Perl class I took, I got
> the impression that it didn't matter what type of brackets you
> used, as long as they matched left & right. Also, why do you use ==
> in the second line? Why not just another eq? Another question; I
> was under the impression that if the code failed, nothing happened.
> In my case it seems that the code was wrong, but I was getting a
> notification no matter what. That doesn't make sense.
>
>Kenn

Kenn,

Sorry, I just re-read your message more closely. If there's a syntax
error in the Perl, then the error will be logged and the scrip won't
run. But if the syntax is OK and is just not doing what you want, it
will run but give you unwanted results.

Steve