[rt-users] Desperately ned Oracle help

Baytalskiy, Sal Sal.Baytalskiy at AIG.com
Fri May 18 20:23:47 EDT 2007

Yep, I had to edit the Makefile as well. Not only did I change all /lib to
/lib32, but I also had to remove the -xarch=v9 from everywhere.
That fixed the make process for DBD::Oracle.

Now, the good news: I finally figured it out and made the 'make
initialize-database' work. It even inserted the schema all by itself.
Here's what I had to do:

In the file /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm

I replaced
my $handle = DBI->connect($self->DSN, $args{'User'}, $args{'Password'}) ||
croak "Connect Failed $DBI::errstr\n" ;
With
my $handle = DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:CLORAD1", $args{'User'},
$args{'Password'}) || croak "Connect Failed $DBI::errstr\n" ;

Effectively hardcoding the connection info.

That seems to fix the errors I was getting and finally populated the DB.

I then used other suggestions that were made here and added some more
directives to my httpd.conf file and I can finally connect to the RT
instance with Oracle 10g backend.

I have to say that ticket creation takes much longer than with local MySQL
instance. I'm not sure if its my setup or its just that slow.

Now the new challenge is to install RTFM and AssetTracker. They both make
additions to the DB as well. We'll see how that works out...

Thanks everyone!!!

Sal.