[rt-users] Is there a change in the rt-mailgate interface in3.6.3?

Kim G. Nielsen kgn at billetnet.dk
Mon May 21 03:20:08 EDT 2007

[SNIP]
I believe I've found the problem and it seems there IS a change between
3.4.5 and 3.6.3.  The change is in parsing of the incoming email
headers.
In my test, using rt-mailgate from the command line, I just entered
'xxx',
which contains no real mail header information.  This works on 3.4.5 but

fails on 3.6.3.

If, however, my input to rt-mailgate contains at least a valid 'From: '
line, then a ticket gets created.  So, it seems mail header parsing has
changed enough between the two releases to account for my symptoms.

BTW:  A single valid SMTP 'From ' line also causes the error.  So, it
seems that if any real mail comes in without a 'From: ' header line, RT
won't create a ticket for it, even if the SMTP envelope has usable
information in its 'From ' line.  This really is a change from earlier
releases.
[/SNIP]

Nice! :) Actually user creating is not working for me but now my
mailgate works (if I send a email from a valid user) .. I can live with
that .. Thanks for the info :)

Best regards
Kim