[rt-users] Mysql problems with our RT system

Carlos Randolph macnlos at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:58:45 EDT 2007

We have RT installed on two systems (1 production and 1 development) and
things have been running great for nearly a year.  We are at 3.6.3 on both
systems as well.  There were some Perl updates made on our DEV environment
and I believe this included MySQL portions.  We started getting 500 Error
Message from Apache when trying to hit the dev site.

I looked at the HTTPD/error_log and found the following:

[Wed May 23 09:47:11 2007] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
/usr/sbin/suexec)
[Wed May 23 09:47:11 2007] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
DBI connect('dbname=rt3;host=localhost;port=3306','rt_user',...) failed:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 106
[Wed May 23 09:49:21 2007] [error] Connect Failed Client does not support
authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL
client\n at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 205\n

I've gone into MySQL and did the whole "OLD_PASSWORD" thing for the RT_USER
account but we still get the same thing.  I'm checked to make sure the the
Perl modules are all up to date and they are.  I'm not sure what else I
should look at so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
CR