[rt-users] RT 4

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Thu May 24 21:57:11 EDT 2007

No, it doesn't.  It tracks by a user.  Customers (often) have many
users.  This is (to me) the same thing as discussed in the "Customer
Centric RT" thread recently.  For instance, our customers may have
several installations of our product, on various operating systems, with
various backend databases.  Rather than having to capture this data in
every ticket, it would be much better to have it in an "Organization
Record", that might include such things as the list of users authorized
to open support tickets, an escalation path, people responsible for
purchasing and so on.

Realistically, this may best be handled by adding a User Custom Field
that refers to an external customer information database.  However,
having all (or at least most) of that information on the ticket screen
would be preferable, and being able to search for all tickets by all
users for a certain customer is an absolute requirement.

-Kelly