[rt-users] 3.6.4rc1:10 newest unowned tickets is double wrong

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu May 31 18:45:53 EDT 2007

Let me describe what's going on here:
1) wrong order sounds like a bug, it should be ordered by Created date
starting from the most recent one.
2) about number of tickets you see.
On "RT at glance" page we limit list by user's preferences
(Preferences -> RT at glance -> Rows per box). Header of a box on "RT
at glance" points to a page with results of the same search, but as
far as I know people want to see more tickets on this page. And the
latter was true until 3.6.2 or 3.6.3, where we had broken it. I tried
to fix it for 3.6.4 and the current behavior in rc1 is the following:
* on "rt at glance" you see as many tickets as you specified in preferences.
* when you click on the link you get to a search result with as many
tickets as defined in saved search (those boxes we're talking about
are saved searches).

I find this very flexible, for example I can have boxes with 10
tickets on the glance page, but I click "tickets I own" link and get
all tickets, however I click "unowned tickets" and get to a page with
100 (whatever is stored in properties of the saved search) tickets.

On 5/31/07, Gianluca Cecchi <gcecchi at peviani.it> wrote:

> Don't remember if it was the same with 3.6.3. I don't have it at the moment
> on the system…
>
> 1) The part in subject, as seen accessing homepage is incorrect: it tells
> newest, but I see instead the oldest 10 tickets.
>
> So for example if I have 13 unowned tickets, I don't see latest three ones
> in this initial screen.
>
> 2) On top of this 10 tickets list, there is an hyperlink (that is the title
> of the display itself) called:
> 10 newest unowned tickets.
> Apart form the error in 1) I'm brought to think that going to follow this
> hyperlink I will go at what it says.
> Instead I get a screen where I get ALL the unowned tickets; in my case 13.
> Infact the title of the resulting screen says "Found 13 tickets"
>
> In my opinion it would be correct to have the title without hyperlink in it,
> followed on the same line by something like
>
> (see all unowned tickets)
>
> Perhaps with only the word "see" as hyperlink…
>
> Is this the behaviour also for you, or does it depend on a misconfiguration
> of mine?
>
> Gianluca

Best regards, Ruslan.