[rt-users] Hidding approvals tickets

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 5 02:44:21 EST 2007

Hi Emmanuel,

try the following ideas.

1. After creating the "normal" Ticket this creates the approval ticket with
your scrip/template. Then create a second scrip which sets the "normal"
ticket to a new status (create a new status like "waiting") and don't add
this new status to the QuickSearch List, so no user is able to find this
ticket. Turn of in front the mail information about new tickets for this
queue, so no user is informed about a new ticket until its approved.

2. idea: create a "helper" queue where you create the "normal" tickets first
without access for any user, after successful approval move the "normal"
ticket to the correct queue.

Both ways work fine i think.

Torsten

2007/11/2, Emmanuel Lacour <elacour at easter-eggs.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I try to setup a simple approval mechanism, following the instructions
> on the RT wiki.
>
> My needs are simple I think:
>
> have all new ticket comming in queue "foo" to be approved by anyone
> member of the rt group foo-manage.
>

> Actually, it almost works, for each new ticket in foo queue, I see it in
> the approval menu, members of foo-manage group get alert email, they can
> approve it, _but_, without approving it, the ticket is already present in
> the "new tickets" list and we can already work with it :(
> There is just a "Depends on" pointing to the ticket in foo-manage queue
> in this ticket.
>
> Any help? ;)
>

> Here is what I did:
>
> So I created the queue foo-manage:
>
> - watchers: group foo-manage
> - added specific scripts from the default approval queue allong with my
>   global scripts:
>
>   - If an approval is rejected, reject the original and delete pending
>         approvals
>   - When a ticket has been approved by all approvers, add correspondence
>         to the original ticket
>   - When a ticket has been approved by any approver, add correspondence
>         to the original ticket
>   - When an approval ticket is created, notify the Owner and AdminCc of
>         the item awaiting their approval
>
> - added the templates for the previous scripts, copied from the default
>   approval queue
>

> In the queue "foo", I added this script: On create, Create tickets with
> approvals template in trasactioncreate stage.
>
> and the template "approvals":
>
> ===Create-Ticket: foo
> Subject: Approve Foo Ticket: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
> Depended-On-By: TOP
> Queue: foo-manage
> Type: approval
> Owner: rt
> AdminCC: {
>    my $group_name  = 'foo-manage';
>    my $groups      = RT::Groups->new( $RT::SystemUser );
>
>    $groups->LimitToUserDefinedGroups();
>    $groups->Limit(
>          'FIELD'    => 'Name',
>          'OPERATOR' => '=',
>          'VALUE'    => $group_name );
>    $groups->First->Id;
> }
> Content: Someone has created a foo ticket. Please review and approve it.
> ENDOFCONTENT
>

> --
> Emmanuel Lacour ------------------------------------ Easter-eggs
> 44-46 rue de l'Ouest  -  75014 Paris   -   France -  Métro Gaité
> Phone: +33 (0) 1 43 35 00 37    -     Fax: +33 (0) 1 41 35 00 76
> mailto:elacour at easter-eggs.com   -    http://www.easter-eggs.com
>
> SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON RT SUPPORT:
>
> If you sign up for a new RT support contract before December 31, we'll
> take
> up to 20 percent off the price. This sale won't last long, so get in touch
> today.
> [...]

MFG

Torsten Brumm

http://www.torsten-brumm.de