[rt-users] [Fwd: [fsck.com #8625] Bug found: no documentation on REST interface]

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 5 13:15:17 EST 2007

To all (including YOU Brian),

	I found Jesse's response to Brian's diatribe an indication of extreme
patience (after all, he has had to deal with me before, he he). I went
to Brian's little blog site and realized that he views himself as a
really sensitive guy (several of his blogs show sincere concern for
animals and the love of his life) in a world where only a few understand
him and his greatness and the rest are either incredibly stupid OR they
are sinister and are out to get him. HHHHHMMMMMM, does the term "manic
depressive" or "split personality" mean anything in this context? Brian,
you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to see a good counselor, get on some
medication, and work on the concept that maybe, just maybe, "YOU'RE the
one with the problem" even once in awhile. I admit that there are a
great deal of idiots in the world (hence the concept and term "Bell
Curve"), and that we live in a society that allows these "bubble heads",
a term I use for most of the drivers I run into (they are only aware of
the world within the tiny bubble that encircles a 3 foot diameter around
them) to thrive, even to the point of making laws that protect the
weaker and mediocre of our species. However, you cannot possibly be in
touch with reality if you truly believe that EVERYONE around you is at
fault or CAUSE of the problem. I'd advise you to "Look at yourself" to
see what you are truly saying, but that would be a mistake as you
already exhibit indications that you are "out of touch" with reality. In
this world we work in ("computer" people), there will still be some of
these "lesser" individuals you so adamantly believe you have identified
as everyone else but you, however, the majority of us REALLY, REALLY,
REALLY are as smart as you and believe it or not (I'm sure you won't
right now until you get some help) some of us are even SMARTER than you.
All you have done by sending out this incredibly "manic" vitriol is
identify yourself as someone to be ignored (at best) by some and mocked
as a fool by others. Whatever your intent was when you sent out your
incredibly short-sighted and self-delusional comments, you FAILED!!
MISERABLY!!!
	Jesse, you have heard me complain before (sorting queries by Custom
Fields) and even though I believe I had a point or two, I am not only
using your system aggressively, I highly recommend it to anyone who
needs any kind of tracking/audit (history) mechanism. I've been in this
computer world (we use to call it Data Processing) for several (more
than 3) decades (I have written code in more than 30 languages) and the
only complaint I really have is that it HAS evolved a little too fast
for the documentation (and good QA testing) to keep up. But sometimes
that IS the price of progress. I think you have a REALLY fine tool and
it is designed so well, with it's flexibility (perl scrips, global/queue
rights, etc) that I am having a blast administrating it here at my place
of employment. When I retire in a few years, I hope to do a little
consulting on the side helping other companies set up RT and use it like
we are here.
	Keep up the good work and KNOW that the one guy who IS marching out of
step with the rest of the group is NOT correct, even though his mom
thinks so.

Kenn
LBNL