[rt-users] custom field resets to previous value after scrip runs

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Tue Nov 6 13:15:41 EST 2007

Hi Doro,

I had a similar issue and I never quite figured out why it was
happening.  I was able to eventually trick the system into letting me make
the change stick.

My scrip was triggered when a user resolved a ticket via the web gui.  The
scrip changed the ticket owner to the current user if it was Nobody and
then triggered some other stuff.  Although the ownership change showed up
in the transactions table and was logged in the logs, the ticket ended up
with the original owner (Nobody).  What I finally did was to create another
scrip to undo the undo that RT was doing.  It triggered if the owner got
changed to a system user and the status was resolved.  When triggered, it
just changed the owner back to the transaction's oldvalue and everything
ended up as it should.  I have some guesses as to why RT flipped the owner
back to Nobody, but they're mostly conjecture or conspiracy theory.  You
should be able to modify my scrip to undo the unwanted reversion of your CF.

Here's the scrip I use to redo what RT undid.

Condition:
{ ### True if resolved and ticket 'given' to system acct <= 12
   my $MyName = "Scrip DNS:45:Condition (Revert Owner)";
   my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
   my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;
   my $highest_system_user = 12;
   my $val = $Transaction->Type eq 'Give'
          && $Transaction->Field eq 'Owner'
          && $Transaction->NewValue <= $highest_system_user
          && $Ticket->Status eq 'resolved';
$RT::Logger->debug("$MyName (" . $Transaction->Id . ") condition is " .
($val ? "True" : "False"));
   return $val;
}

Prep code:
return 1;

Cleanup code:
### Undo RT's meddling change, set owner back to original
my $MyName = "Scrip DNS:45:Cleanup (Revert Owner)";
my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $oldowner = $Transaction->OldValue;
$Ticket->_Set(Field=>'Owner', Value=>$oldowner, RecordTransaction=>0);

My best guess is that after all of your transactions run, RT looks at the
values that were passed from the web form and compares them to the ticket
values and then makes whatever changes are needed.  But this doesn't seem
to hold up under all conditions, so who knows?

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC