[rt-users] Undefined subroutine &Scalar::Util::weaken

lists-rt at pimb.org lists-rt at pimb.org
Mon Nov 12 09:33:04 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 11:52:13AM +0000, bijayant kumar wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I was using RT on my production server successfully. We were not using RT from sometime. We decided to use RT from today. Tickets are generating and getting resolved, all things are working well except the email parts. No email is going outside or coming to RT. In log i am seeing the error
>
> [error]: Scrip Prepare 9 died. - Undefined subroutine &Scalar::Util::weaken called at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/Generic.pm
>
> [error]: Scrip Prepare 10 died. - Undefined subroutine &Scalar::Util::weaken called at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/Generic.pm line 107
>
> I gone through the archives and followed some answers like upgrading scalar::utils. But this package is already updated.
>
> Please help me out. Operating system on which RT is installed is Centos-5.

If i remember correctly, Centos is one of those distros that decided it was a
good idea to default to the perl-only implementation of Scalar::Util, but you
need the XS support for weaken.

You say you've upgraded scalar::utils. Was that through CPAN? If so, did you
make sure to answer yes to the XS question?

Jody Belka
knew (at) pimb (dot) org