[rt-users] Asset Tracker - change the status titles

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Wed Nov 14 17:25:01 EST 2007

In our situation, some of the default statuses of an Asset are either
"duplicates" or unused.  For example; test and development would mean
the same thing to us, and we have no clue what a status of dr would be
:-)  )

I found in the source the following:
# You can define new statuses and even reorder existing statuses here.
# WARNING. DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE DEFAULT STATUSES. If you do, RT
# will break horribly.

@ActiveStatus = qw(production development qa dr pilot test) unless
@ActiveStatus;
@InactiveStatus = qw(retired) unless @InactiveStatus;

1) I was wondering if the "DO NOT DELETE" would break AT ? (since the
   piece seems to be a copy/paste of RT_Config.pm)

2) Does changing = delete ?  For example could we change "pilot"
   to "storage" or would we just have to add a new Status to get
   "storage"

Our main goal is to have a status field for:
  a) in production - i.e. out in the field being used
  b) in repair - was in production, but has come back in to be fixed
  c) ready to go - is sitting somewhere, ready to go into production at
                   any time.
  d) development and qa are OK as is for us.

of course, the current production status works for A above, but we are
trying to figure out what to do for B and C.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org