[rt-users] take and resolve actions via email

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Nov 26 16:26:57 EST 2007

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure how you could change a correspondence transaction to a
comment.  However...

If I wanted to just change the way that email is sent (only AdminCcs
getting an email), I'd add a custom field to the queue called
"NoCorrespond" and then modify the Correspondence template used for the "On
Correspond" scrip to include a check at the beginning to see if there is a
"NoCorrespond" field and whether it has anything in it.  If so, exit the
template and don't send the email, otherwise proceed as usual.  Then I'd
have the scrip I gave you put something into the "NoCorrespond" custom
field at the same time that it sets the owner and status.  It's kind of
clunky and there are probably more elegant solutions, but I think it would
work.  You might also want to make another scrip to send the mail to the
AdminCc when the "NoCorrespond" field gets something assigned to it (by
your other scrip), something like (I haven't tried this scrip, so it may
need work):

Condition: User Defined
Action: Notify AdminCcs as Comment
Template: Global template: Admin Comment
Custom condtion:
{ ### True on state change to "NoCorrespond"
   my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
   my $val = $Transaction->Type eq "CustomField"
       && $Transaction->Field eq "NoCorrespond"
       ;
   return $val;
}

Good luck!