[rt-users] clean up user table

Gordon Messmer gmessmer at u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 26 17:43:26 EST 2007

Todd Chapman wrote:
> Are you having preformance problems related to the users? If not why
> clean it up? Do you like to play with fire?

Yes, I am.  RT3 makes multiple queries per ticket displayed that join
the very large principals and cachedgroupmembers tables.  It causes
tickets to display somewhat slowly.  There's a small but notable delay
with RT3 3.6.5 and Pg 8.1.  The delay was intolerably long with some
earlier minor revision of 3.6 and MySQL 5.0.

I'm tired of running into these problems when I update some component of
the system, and would like to prune out the tens of thousands of "user"
records created by spam through the mail gateway.  I'd be grateful for
any help that the list can offer.