[rt-users] Hidding approvals tickets

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Nov 27 09:49:35 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 08:44:21AM +0100, Torsten Brumm wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> try the following ideas.
>
> 1. After creating the "normal" Ticket this creates the approval ticket with
> your scrip/template. Then create a second scrip which sets the "normal"
> ticket to a new status (create a new status like "waiting") and don't add
> this new status to the QuickSearch List, so no user is able to find this
> ticket. Turn of in front the mail information about new tickets for this
> queue, so no user is informed about a new ticket until its approved.

I used this way.

Queue A: queue where tickets must be approved
Queue B: queue for approvals of queue B

- in queue A, a script which change status to 'waiting' on Ticket Create
- in queue B, modify aprovals script so the status of ticket in A is
  changed to 'new' on approval, or 'rejected' on reject
- in RT_SiteConfig.pm: added 'waiting' to InactiveStatus
- modified Elements/SelectStatus no skip 'waiting' status

It's not perfect as people can search for tickets in the queue and show
'waiting' tickets and work on it, but I think it's sufficient for me.

You're second method is probably better but seems more complicate to do
;)

Another thanks for your help.