[rt-users] Web and Encoding on RedHat EL5

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Nov 27 10:21:00 EST 2007

Hi,

I try to setup my RT on an ES5, all is working fine, except when I try
to update fields (like queues descriptions) via the wen interface with
non ascii chars. The result seems to be a mix of UTF-8 / ISO8859-1 :(

Same setup worked on RH ES4.

It's running with mod_perl2, DefaultCharset is ok in apache (UTF-8)
database (Oracle 10g) is also ok (NLS_...).

Inserting data via sqlplus makes no problems.

Updating/reading queues description via a simple custom RT perl script
is ok (output of reading via this perl script is ISO8859 like with
another working RT instance).

Just the web that is not working :(

Maybe a probleme with Mason or mod_perl, but I cannot find what.

FYI, accents in web pages (not from database) are ok.

Any hint/help would be welcome ;)