[rt-users] Warnings when replying to a ticket

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 29 00:41:12 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 06:38:23PM -0800, Max Clark wrote:
> When replying to a ticket I see these warnings in the log - should I
> be concerned about this?

Nope. They're cases where perl has gotten smarter and stricter about
possibly sloppy coding. Until relatively recently, a bug in RT hid them
from view. We've been slowly going through and cleaning up the codebase
to eliminate them. RT 3.6.5 and 3.6.6 improve things somewhat. (3.6.6 is
coming soon) and 3.8 does a whole lot better.

Best,
jesse