[rt-users] Syslog on Solaris 10

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 3 09:30:31 EDT 2007

Hi Richard

>  From playing with the log levels over the last couple of days, it
> doesn't seem to make that much difference. RT appears to attempt to
> verify the connection to syslog even if I set it to undef and errors out
> because the connection doesn't exist.

>> the default port (514) anymore.

If you've got root, would netcat work? Make it listen on port 514 and
keep RT happy:

   # netcat -l -p 514

The process will die once (if?) RT closes the connection. Yes this is a
horrible-hacky-workaround but could get you up and running.

Cheers
Toby

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, information contained in this
message is confidential. If this message is not intended for you,
please inform postmaster at ccdc.cam.ac.uk and delete the message.
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre is a company Limited
by Guarantee and a Registered Charity.
Registered in England No. 2155347 Registered Charity No. 800579
Registered office 12 Union Road, Cambridge CB2 1EZ.