[rt-users] Moved Database, now cannot create sessions

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 15:45:34 EDT 2007

I'm moving my devel database to a second server and separating it from the
server RT actually runs on.  However, after doing so and updating the
RT_SiteConfig.pm I get the following:

error:   	RT couldn't store your session.
This may mean that that the directory '/usr/local/rt3/var/session_data' isn't
writable or a database table is missing or corrupt.

context:
86:  	};
87:  	undef $cookies{$cookiename};
88:  	}
89:  	else {
90:  	die loc("RT couldn't store your session.") . "\n"
91:  	. loc(
92:  	"This may mean that that the directory '[_1]' isn't writable or a database
table is missing or corrupt.",
93:  	$RT::MasonSessionDir
94:  	)
code stack:  	/usr/local/rt3/local/html/Elements/SetupSessionCookie:90
/usr/local/rt3/share/html/autohandler:120

I've verified the permissions and ownership for the directory.  What else might
I need to look at?

--
Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com