[rt-users] Looking to write scrip based upon email header infomation

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Oct 4 13:39:19 EDT 2007

Hi Jeremy,

If you're having problems with the scrip condition, try using this as a
User Defined condition:
   my $Trans = $self->TransactionObj;
   return $Trans->Type eq 'Create' &&
            $Trans->Attachments->First->GetHeader('X-Priority') =~ /^1\b/ ;

This will trigger the scrip if a new ticket is created and the e-mail that
created it has "X-Priority: 1" in the headers.  You could also have it
trigger on priority 2 if you like (change the "/^1\b/" to
"/^[12]\b/").  Priority 1 is "Highest" and 2 is "High", at least in
Eudora's world.

The action for this scrip would be a custom template that sends e-mail to
the pager address.

Regards,
Gene

--