[rt-users] RT sends 3 failure messages

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:05:01 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,
RT is setup and everything is working great for the most part. I'm using
the LDAP overlay to auto create accounts when someone with an existing
email sends a request. This works fine, but when someone sends an email
that does not exist in LDAP, three messages are returned to this user. I
would like to have only one email sent. I don't know if it has anything
to do with my problems, but to get auto-creation to work, I had to give
everyone the CreateTicket right, though the wiki claims this is not
necessary. Any help would be really appreciated. The three emails are below.

User Could Not Be Loaded

User  'foo at bar.com' could not be loaded in the mail gateway

User Could Not Be Created

User creation failed in mailgateway: Could not set user info

Could Not Load A Valid User

RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for your email.