[rt-users] problem starting apache web server.....

Krishna Prasad krishna.prasad at spartanlabs.com
Thu Oct 18 10:59:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

My configuration:

 Centos 4.4

 Perl 5.8.5 installed from CPAN

 RT- 3.6.5

 Apache 2.0.52

I have a query regarding the starting apache web server:

When I was trying to start the web server i.e. apache server I'm getting an
error message as

When I give a command to start the web server as:  service httpd restart

I got the below error:

Stopping httpd:                         [Failed]

Starting httpd: syntax error on line 3 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/FastCGI.conf:

FastCgiServer:  "/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi" access for server (uid -1,
gid -1) not allowed:  execute not allowed

[failed]

I have been added these below lines in the fastcgi.conf file.

# Add following lines to load FastCGI module.(FastCGI.conf):

LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 8

FastCgiConfig -restart

Did I made anything wrong in configuring fastcfi.conf?

Please make me correct if I made anything wrong. Please I want to start the
apache web server. Please help me...

Thanks!!!

With Regards,

Krishna Prasad