[rt-users] Two questions regarding an upgrade installation

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:58:51 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Craig - that worked perfectly.  I should have looked around a
> bit more before posting.
>
> Anyway - does anyone have any clue as to my login session problem?

This has been resolved - there was a little snippet at the bottom of
one of the wiki pages:

---
A table structure issue: take a look at the "sessions" table in the RT
database. There should be a column named "a_session". This column must
have the type "longblob" not "longtext". Also note that if there are
any records in the table, the entire table should be emptied (either
before or after making the change), otherwise the problem will
persist.
---

I changed the a_session column type to LONGBLOB and the problem went away.

Thanks!
-erik