[rt-users] Start ticket number at an arbitrary value

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 26 10:39:10 EDT 2007

At Thursday 10/25/2007 04:47 PM, you wrote:
>Insert a row in the tickets table with id 4999, then the next ticket
>will be 5000.

This may depend on which database you're using. Oracle, for example,
uses a sequence object for the next id, so in that case you'd need to
reset the sequence value.

Steve

>On 10/25/07, John Arends <<mailto:jarends at uiuc.edu>jarends at uiuc.edu > wrote:
>Is anyone aware of a way that I can have my next ticket start at an
>arbitrary high value that I select? I'm on a new installation, and I
>have created a few test tickets (I believe I'm up to number 4) but if
>possible I would like the next ticket to start at 5000.

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)